My current interests/projects are in:
- network MIMO and multiuser processing for 5G small-cell systems
- radio over copper/fiber: fronthauling waveforms (link)
- synchronization for dense wireless networks (link)
- localization and navigation systems for high performance systems (e.g., F1 race vehicles)
- mm-Wave systems for V2X
- inertial aided beam-management for collimated systems
- SPEET: Big-data analytics for engineering student profiles (2017-2019)
- Imaging by propagation and radio vision (2013-…) (link)
- X-talk interference mitigation for Next Generation DSL (G.fast) (2014-2016),
- Distributed mmWave antennas system over large-scale for 5G system (2016-2017).
- Internet of Things & Industry 4.0 (2010-…) (link)
- DIWINE (2013-2015): PHY-Network Coding and Distributed Inference methods
Past projects (<2013):
- SAIPEM-ENI (2011-2013: WSN for critical control in petroleum refinery)
- Ansaldo STS (2012: WSN for railway systems)
- RFI (Italian Railway) (2010-2011: WSN for critical control in railway systems)
- NOKIA SIEMENS NETWORKS (1998-2009: Test-bed and algorithms for multiple antennas systems: GSM, UMTS-TDD and WiMAX)
- ERICSSON (2001-2002: Radio-localization)
- FOREM/Andrew (2002: Pre-distortion of power amplifiers)
- ST Microelectronics (2004: MIMO-OFDM for IEEE802.11n)
- National Instruments (2006-2009: WiMAX and MIMO systems)
- FIRB VICom (Virtual Immersive Communications) 2002-2004 (National Project).
- TUTSY 1999-2002 in cooperation with Siemens Mobile Comm. (National Project)
- SCHEME 2002-2004, in cooperation with Siemens Mobile Comm. (National Project)
- MEDEA+ project 2003-2006: Multi-antenna transceivers for QoS, ubiquitous and
improved wireless services.
- NEWCOM (Network of Excellence on Wireless Comm.)
- FIRB INSYEME: INtegrated SYstem for EMErgency (2008-2011)
- Joint Research Centre – Transport (2010-2011): signalling and train control systems.